11.22.2007

Thankscooking

That's what it really amounts to.

I picked up the West Pointer at the airport late last night. A grueling academic semester had him tuckered out. As soon as we arrived home and opened the garage door he finally smiled. There was his motorcycle - yes - the one that's been in my garage since July. He went for a midnight ride. I went to bed.

We were up by 6:30 a.m. for the Turkey Trot. It was the largest turnout in the 19 year history of the event - over 4,200.

We ran ... or trotted actually; when compared to our preferred times. T in 20+ minutes; me in 26+. It was hand timed so there are no official results.

The after-run was like a big hometown reunion. Lot's of former cross country runners from high school back from college or wherever and their parents, families of runners running or walking together, some of my Sunday morning gang, former neighbors who run once a year, etc. It took a long time to leave.

Once home I showered and napped. T went out on his motorcycle again. There'll be a lot of that.


Then we ate Mrs. T's exquisite Thanksgiving feast. Short of raising the turkey in the backyard it was entirely a from-scratch extravaganza.

Burp. Excuse me. Thanksforcooking Mrs. T.

#2 son C wants to go see a movie. I can do that.


Hope yours was good too.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Your boys look just like you! It looks like Mrs.T. did a wonderful job with the meal!

Nice job at the Turkey Trot. I'm now wishing I would have gone too. Maybe next year.

Darrell said...

Sounds like a great day. I wonder what happend to son #2 and the Turkey Trot.

ShirleyPerly said...

Yep, I knew that Turkey Trot turnout was going to be huge. Sounds and looks like a terrific Thanksgiving meal!