11.04.2007

4:46:39 Unofficially

Runner Susan and I had a wonderful day together today. Well I did completely and Susan did for all but five miles. At Mile 21 some wheels got loose on her. Otherwise we stuck together. We worked well at staying ahead of the 4:45 pace throughout those miles. At 21, coming into Manhattan from the Bronx, Susan said go for it and leave her to suffer.

I did, on her second request, leave her behind and found plenty of gas in my tank to power through the Central Park hills and finish with a new PR, 4:46:39 unofficially. That bested the old time by about 3-1/2 minutes.

I felt best about running the entire race and not walking; and surprised myself by my ending strength and speed.

There's a lot more to recount but I am done for the day and turning in.

Night all.

16 comments:

Rich said...

Congrats on the PR! Fantastic!

Maddy said...

WooooHoooooo!
Congratulations on your new PR! I can't wait for the detailed race report!

Thanks for signing me up to track you. It was an exciting day to get the updates (NYC did a much better job than MCM of getting the updates out in a timely manner)!

Well done David!

Mia Goddess said...

Yay David! You very nearly had a negative split on the halves. Stunning. :)

ShoreTurtle said...

Great job David!

rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
21stCenturyMom said...

Congratulations! Great race!

Danny said...

congrats on a new PR!

i got to start area fairly late this morning, and didn't really walk around much.

i'll keep an eye out for your race report.

rich said...

Way to go! Sorry we missed you in Central Park.

D & Runner Susan on 1st Ave.

Michelle said...

YAY David!! I was so excited for you when I saw your unoficial time on athlete tracker! Good for you. Can't wait to read the details.

jeanne said...

YES!!! fantastic david, great great job!

Moon said...

Woo, that's awesome! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to read the race report :)

susie said...

That's my boy:)
AND you got to meet Susan. What a treat:)
Ok, now the details.

Joe said...

Must have been an awesome expereince to come into Manhattan like and crank it up a bit.

Super job to PR in a World-Class event!!! Look forward to the details after you sleep and get back south!

Darrell said...

Congrats on the PR! It's very cool that you and Runner Susan got to go so far together. Good thing you left her on her request. I know when I used to run with my friend Celeste I didn't want to wait for her to tell me three times to go on. It would have gotten real ugly.

I'm really glad the Oly Trials the day before didn't seem to hurt you too badly. Have a safe trip back home.

Rhea said...

Congrats on the PR! Esp. on such a crowded course.

Jank said...

Congratulations, David! Inspired running