I have a litany of excuses for why I only covered 19.5 miles in 3 hours and 30 minutes today. Few of them will likely occur on January 29 so I have no problem throwing them out there and lamenting:
1. I ran from 1030 until 1430.
2. The temperature ranged from 70 to 75 during that period.
3. I was on my feet way too much last night at a New Year's Eve party.
4. I stayed out too late and didn't hit the pillow until 130.
5. I didn't have enough Gu.
6. I ran a hard 10 miles on Thursday.
7. I cut the route short and walked a half mile.
Like I said, none of these will recur in Miami. The only nice thing about today was I got four hours of sun since I ran without a shirt.
Happy New Year good friends.