1.19.2006

Energized

Well last night I was up past my training bedtime to watch my "must TV" show, Project Runway on Bravo. Poor Emmett, the New Yorker got cut by Heidi Klum when Santino should have been sent packing! Such dishonor. It was almost as bad as the French judging of Olympic figure skating - which is relevant because the designers had to come up with a costume for silver medalist Sasha Cohen.

Nevertheless I was up at 530 because the sprinklers came on and woke me up. It was nippy out at 44 degrees and I had no idea what my plan was for the morning. I just knew I had to run [I have become incredibly lazy and unfocused during this taper]. The sheet said an hour including 6x400m intervals. It took me a while to calculate how far to run before the repeats. So at 605 I was on the road and pushed four miles at an 8:40 pace then ran the track [now, the track gives me focus like nothing else!] where my target time was 2:01/400m. I went sub 2:00 on all of them in an aggregate total time of 11:41 with short 200m jogs between laps. I felt very loose and free. It was a lot of fun.

What I am now expecting as the taper gets even shorter (!) is a complete raging urge to pounce out of the start of the marathon and run forever. Of course, that will not happen so I better get used to a lot of energy. I think I'll concentrate on some core exercises this next week to stabilize the parts that need to hold together while the wheels go round and round.

Still no word on that crazy 3rd grader at the mall and no harrowing follow up on the gun toting bus rider. Unless things go absolutely media crazed goofy, I usually don't hear the rest of the story. I can only imagine; like you. Now, about the kids who went off-limit dumpster diving for private student data documents prior to shredding ... well they went to the TV station claiming the school was delinquent, etc., and the news could be dicey tonight.

5 comments:

ShoreTurtle said...

I completely agree about project runway. In the show credits, there is a disclaimer that the judges take the opinions of the show's producers into account. This may help explain why Santino continues to get by when the judges don't like his outfits. Every reality show needs a villan. I was disappointed that they chose Santino over Emmett.

Lara said...

Sounds like the days of hiding a frog in teacher's desk are over!

21st Century Mom said...

I see a four hour marathon in your future. Just take it easy on your taper and go out at the right pace and the rest will fall into place. I agree with Susan - a marathon feels like you have been running forever but trust me when I tell you, you'll be ready to stop at the end.

Rae said...

I figured it would be Emmitt just because he doesn't have quite as much creativity as the others. However, I think Santino is now on the bubble and if he doesn't start following directions I think he'll be out next.

Aren't you doing a 5K tomorrow? Good luck!

Jank said...

Glad to hear about the great taper - what a rush to feel the need to run...