1.03.2006

I Missed the Train

It was so hot last night I threw all the covers off, opened the window and turned on the fan. I still slept like poop.
At 530 I peeked out of one eyelid and saw the time. Before the second eyelid cracked it was 600.
Okay. OKAY! I'm up.
No headache. Just not rested.
I went to the track.
Goal: 3x1 mile @ 8:30 pace; 3x800m @ 8:00 pace.
Result: 2x1 mile @ 8:30 pace. Super-sweating from the rum, I went home. I was actually pleased with my pace but had no stamina.
Today was back-on-the-wagon day. Oops. No it wasn't. I stopped for a beer on the way home from work. Did I mention work was toiling enough to make me want a beer?

3 comments:

Rae said...

Sounds like the typical first day back after the holidays! They should think about handing a beer out to each employee on their way OUT on these types of days...Why can't every day be Saturday!

Sarah said...

Way to tackle those intervals, lack of sleep and all :-)

Vince Hemingson said...

Playing hurt is a sign of character... or something like that. At least that was what our coach always said. :)

I always think of running with a hangover as a little bit like running after I've just shot myself in the foot, another of life's little self-inflicted wounds!

Free drinks in a hospitality tent always seem like a god idea right up until the next morning...