10.27.2006

Okay. I'm here and, yes, it's raining

Air travel today was a marathon all by itself. I mis-timed my parking and shuttle requirements and missed my 745 flight to Cincinnati that would take me to D.C.. Not overreacting, I worked with a kindly flight agent who scarfed up a seat for me the minute it opened on a booked solid flight to Atlanta, which then routed me to Dulles. I made it to DC just at 500 (four hours late) and crossed the finish line into a comfy chair at the Washington Press Club bar where my good host bought me a beer. Ahhhhh.

By 600 I was at Zola's to meet Bex, Jeanne, Susie, Rick and friends for dinner. Much fun and frolic was had by all. A LOT of pictures were taken but I am on borrowed equipment here and haven't figured out the plug ins so you'll have to go to Bex or Jeanne's site for the glorious photos. At dinner I loaded up on Omega 3 with my salmon entree. Yum.

Plan is to meet up at the Expo tomorrow and have lunch or something. Try not to be too touristy on my feet.

Thanks for the good wishes. I feel ready.

6 comments:

21st Century Mom said...

Yes, yes - take it easy on your feet (no visits to the Smithsonian!) And then Go, David, Go!

jeanne said...

sorry you had so much trouble getting to our fair city. glad you made it!

Joe said...

Yeah, easy on the feet, David. Fight the urge to be the tourist!

Lara said...

Enjoy your running peeps and have a wonderfully awesome race!!

ShoreTurtle said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Rich said...

Enjoy your salmon and pasta tonight! See you tomorrow. OO-RAH!