2.02.2007

Still here

For those who saw national news of our weather calamaties here in Central Florida let me assure you I am fine. The storms and tornados blew through these parts between 430 and 630 this morning. I was up, in my running duds, watching internet weather and figuring I could get three miles in before work when the band of rain passed through.

Little did I know the severity of the storms. What? 14 deaths? I was oblivious. The mobile home parks caught the worst of it (as always). I think its a fact of nature that mobile homes are automatic targets for bad weather.

Because the media was riled up and thinking we might close schools, I had to skip the run when the phone started ringing at 550. By 645 it was a non-event in our county. Four neighboring counties were declared states of emergency. Lucky us.

Lucky me. I got my three miler in at 7pm and it sure felt good after a high stress week.

Don't forget to remind me to buy some bloks tomorrow.

6 comments:

Faithful Soles said...

My name is Robert Key and I am a runner from Houston, Texas. I saw your blog listed when I was looking through the RBF directory and very much enjoyed reading some of your entries. As a native Floridian (born in Jacksonville), my thoughts and prayers go out to those who suffered in the tornadoes, and I am glad to see your report that you are ok.

I have a web site at http://www.faithfulsoles.com that is inspirational stories for walkers, runners and athletes of all ages and abilities. A new feature I have recently added to the site is a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database where members of my site can find a blog of interest to them based on other walkers, runners or athletes of similar abilities, goals and interests. To my knowledge it is the only one of its kind specifically for walkers and runners on the internet. I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to put a link to your blog in our Running Blog Database. Just click on "Link your running blog" under "Free Features" from the home page. If you want to learn more about my running background, just click on "Meet Robert" from the main menu , or to learn more about my involvement in the running community, click on "Faithful Soles in the news" in the left column under "Weekly Features". I also have a blog that I just started at http://faithfulsoles.blogspot.com, but most of my running information is on my web site. Also, if there is anyone else in your blogger network that you think would be interested in listing their blog, please feel free to pass this information along to them. Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Yeah, uh running while trees and cars are flying through the air is not such a good idea. Glad you made it through the mess ok, David. You know, if your home ever got destroyed you could always come live with us. In the north. With the snow.

21st Century Mom said...

arrgghh!! blogger is sucking so much - it just ate my comment.

In brief - I'm glad you are not only okay but managed to get a run in.

Rich said...

Buy Bloks today.

susie said...

So glad the storm passed you by, David. How ironic the storm, based on your last post about "normal weather." Anyway, maybe that's your bad weather for a while. Take care...

Rae said...

I'm glad you guys were able to miss the storms. What they showed on the news here was just an absolute disaster.

Good luck with your 20!