2.13.2007

hotter. slower.

Hotter. Slower.

That was the story today. Temp in the 60s and humid with an approaching storm made running something akin to running in the shallow end of a pool, relatively speaking.

My track workout was suitably slower than my 8x800s last week. I think the speedy 16 miles on Sunday took something out of me. I mean it was half mary race pace, practically, so I felt like I'd run a race all afternoon Sunday and most of Monday. Sore? Yes very, with a left quad and left achilles whispering to me. They were both nice enough to shut up this morning.

I had 4x1600s planned but chose to modify them to 2x1600, 1x1200, 1x800, 2x400 and 2x200. I kept a good pace on all of them, just seconds slower than my PR times. I tried not to kill it. I mean this is the beast week for miles in the training plan.

Heading to the 30s by the weekend down here. The Daytona 500 infield crowd will not be happy. The girls will not be lifting their shirts.

2 comments:

susie said...

30? Did I hear correctly?
Smart running David. I can't wait to see what you do next month.

Maddy said...

30 degrees is still warmer than in the north. It does make me very glad I decided to pass on Gasparilla this weekend.

Are you headed that way or are you going to Daytona?