3.09.2007

Cadet time


The cadets are here. Four of them again this year. But this time there are two females. Given that women comprise only 15% of the corps, we are surprised (not really) that two of them chose to come home with T for spring break.

Needless to say my fitness is good enough and the race close enough that I may skip a few runs over the next week so I can enjoy the kids being home. Please excuse me.

I went to see Sherlene this afternoon too. I was grateful for the massage and how my muscles improved.

Oh; and then Navy John came by with this 44 magnum monster. The kids went to the range Saturday morning to do some shooting. Don't mess with these ladies.

8 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

Those are brave women. Not for being at your house - I'm sure that comes as a pleasant interlude. For being at the academy. I'm sure they have stories - lots of stories.

Enjoy your time with all those kids - sounds fun.

jeanne said...

i was hanging with ya right up til the guns and ammo part of your post! i'm pretty sure i get why the girls came home with your son, too.
:)

Runner Susan said...

yeah, that gun part would scare me away.

Mia Goddess said...

That gun is badass. I'm a lover, not a fighter, and I've never even held a gun before...but that one looks like it weighs about 23 pounds.

T looks a little handsy considering the redhead could probably drop him in three moves. :)

Jank said...

Smart man, your son.

Rhea said...

You sound ready for the marathon! And so nice to have your son and his friends home for some R&R. How do you do track workouts at dawn?! Kudos on that.

Cindy Jo said...

Love IT! I used to go shooting with an ex and was surprised to find I was really good at it. I used a .357 magnum. What a rush it was to shoot that thing!

Rich said...

Looks like Dave Jr. learned good from his old man ...