11.10.2005

Alarm Alarm Alarm

Alarms are going off in my joints. After Sunday's long run my left ankle was a little swollen. That disappeared but then I ran Tuesday (Back on the Track!) with some 2x1200 and 2x400 at an 8:04 pace plus five miles of road work. I was okay but felt some twinging in both ankles and knees. The knee pain hung around in the right one when I ran yesterday for four miles and again today in some more track work (4x800 & 4x100). [I missed the track. It's been three weeks since I was on one.] The guilty suspects are fatigue/high mileage or trying to squeeze a few too many miles out of some Sauconys with 430 miles on them. Because of heel wear I notice on my step that I tend to roll to the outside of my foot if the shoe lets me. I think the rolling caused some tenderness. What started as an inside knee pain has now migrated to the outside near ITB World. Fortunately I am off running tomorrow and have an easy weekend with just a 10K race to put down. Naturally, I will be pursuing another PR in that category but will remember that there's a whale out there I mean to harpoon in January off the coast of Miami Beach and the little ol' 10K is no more than a swordfish. Mmmm. Swordfish. I want some. I also believe I have just talked myself into going shopping for a new pair of shoes. Come on Baby; Poppa wants a new pair of shoes! Give me a 7! Actually a 10 and a half. Thank you.

3 comments:

Rhea said...

Sounds like some ice and stretching are in order. "Just" a 10K? Not if you're looking to PR. Doctor's orders to stay off your feet tomorrow. And good luck on this weekend's race - we'll be waiting for a debriefing.

Oldman said...

sounds like you NEED new shoes. once you get that worn heel and roll it is past time.

swordfish sounds good for dinner....

Mia Goddess said...

Take care of your ankles and legs ~ you'll need them for that pr!