12.12.2006

If it's Tuesday it must be .....

Track Day!

But first I have to tell somebody I had the strangest dream just before waking this morning. It was circa 1985 and I was walking along a cross aisle of a stadium on my way to a since-torn down press box and passing dozens of familiar faces who I knew but haven't seen in many years. They were waving and exchanging pleasantries while a bright aurora light bathed them as I went by. It was spooky weird.

I went over to the track about 600. All I had to do was four 1200s. Of course, I wanted to do them all fast and relatively close in time. I was not quite as happy with the results as last week's 400s but they were satisfactory: 5:47, 5:45, 5:54 and 5:54. Call it almost two pair, 54s high.

The rest of the day was a lot of work. It'll be that way for the rest of the week as I ponder an evergreen message to frame for public consumption. Shoot, I'll settle for a seasonal message.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wonder what it means? What have you been pondering????

21st Century Mom said...

Weird dream. Seems like it has to do with reconnecting with old friends. The aura thing is a little weird, though.

Good running!

Rich said...

Oh it's so easy to see what that dream means! But first we need to know ... were you naked? (except for running shoes of course)