3.30.2006

Fiver

I woke up too early to have an excuse for not running; so I ran. I slipped on the new Asics Gel Evolutions and went outside. Very nice. I started out thinking four miles then thought I should really test these new babies. Unlike the Kuyanos, the Evolution is not as cushioned yet it is slightly more supportive. Not too much , just fine. The wide width is something to get more accustomed to but if my foot stops hurting then it's good for me. At Quail Hollow I turned in and went on my five mile route which includes a lot more brick streets and "Florida hills," as in sink hole embankments.
I spun it around in 45:30 which was pretty good for not trying. I guess I'm still capable of improving some more and setting some 2006 PRs, despite my advancing age.

ALERT: Day Light Savings Weekend Ahead. Darker morning runs for you early birds.

5 comments:

jeanne said...

Nice job!

Mia Goddess said...

I can't believe you'd give up the kayanos! It will be well-worth it if that was causing the pain in your foot, though. I can remember running more because it felt better to do that, but it's still elusive. So I come here and read about you!

21st Century Mom said...

I was just debating whether to wear the old Kayanos or the new Kayanos for this morning's run. Thanks for helping me pick the new ones. It's still kind of wet out but hopefully I won't have to run through any puddles.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Good job!

Jank said...

Hey, later sunrises means kids sleeping in later. So darker morning runs are all right in my book!