3.16.2006

Two good outings

Tuesday I went out for a tempo run. I know; I said it was a speed workout but I was wrong. I did a two mile warm up, three 10-minute tempo segments and a two minute cool down. It was a decent 7.6 miles from which I have no physical ailments and covered it in 1:11.
Today I went out a little late for my speed workout at the track. It had not been since early fall that I had done so many short distance repeats. I went 1x800, 4x400, 4x200, 1x800 and 4x100 strides. I managed to average a 7:33 pace over the course of the actual repeats which is something I can be very happy with. My stamina was there. My lungs hung in. It felt outright great; and greatly needed after a stress filled spring break week. I didn't get the day off today like I planned. I am hopeful that tomorrow and the weekend will be relaxing.
Painters showed up today to do the job that's been long overdue - the exterior. If they spend five days caulking I'll be happy.
Oh yeah ... the Army moved out. They all went to their respective northern homes for a few days before returning to the Point. In a last blast cookout, we ate well. The boys did the cooking.

1 comment:

21st Century Mom said...

After riding my bike 56 miles today I can hardly wait to start speed work or any type of running. Oh my achin' hiney.