8.08.2006

I LOVE speedwork

I slipped on the Kayanos this morning at 515, checked the blog and emails while downing a tall glass of water; then headed over to the track. There must have been 75 people there finishing up their 1K repeats and warm downs. I arrived as they were leaving so ended up with the track to myself and one guy on rollerblades. Thankfully he kept to the outside lane.
I had a score of perky little 400s to do this morning. One lap around at near full throttle was just what I wanted. I kept a good pace throughout and managed to keep my between rest distances to about 80 meters before restarting. So it went fast. I love speed work. I love my Kayanos.
Target 1:55.0. Intervals: 2:01.0, 1:56.0, 1:51.4, 1:51.0, 1:49.1, changed to clockwise, 1:52.2, 1:50.3, 1:47.9, 1:50.2, 1:46.4.
Ahhhhhhh!

8 comments:

ShoreTurtle said...

Nice job on the track.

I wimped out on the 1Ks and ran my tempo run today instead.

jeanne said...

nice!! i love speedwork too, not that i know what i'm doing! but whatever i'm doing, i usually do hit the target. it feels so good to succeed, doesn't it? Nice job!

Mia Goddess said...

It's the shoes...definitely, the shoes.

21st Century Mom said...

SupahStah! Very speedy. I finally went for a run this morning so it's only a matter of time before I do speedwork.

Running Chick said...

were there little bursts of flames coming out of the back of your shoes?

nicely done david!

Michelle said...

I'm enjoying the speedwork too! Who would have thought that there was joy i going so fast?

Joe said...

Nice workout, David, good for you.

FWIW, I get into a lot of comparision of Gatorade and Powerade when I umpire baseball...different parks have different concessions. For my money, I can't really notice much difference in how my body reacts to either. I'd guess you would be better to take the Gatorade and stay hydrated than to stress too much over Powerade and not drink enough during training.

Glad you are coming back so strong. I'm targeting MCM for fall 2007, so will enjoy hearing of your continued work.

brent said...

wow thats smokin'! nice work david!