4.28.2006

two weeks

I am now at the two week milepost for this crud. I'm not as bad as I was before I started an antibiotic nine days ago but it seems to have lost any magical ability to get me healthy. I have five more days of antibiotics. I guess the inhaler has been helpful for the past four days yet I am still coughing. It is very annoying. Good or bad, I do have a doctor appointment for Wednesday next week for blood work and EKG for my annual physical. Will they scrap my blood work if I have all these drugs coursing through my system?

Worst of all is that I have not run since Monday morning and have no intention of doing so until I lick this thing. Acquaintances have told me about the weeeeeeks they spent trying to beat it back. I am not a happy camper.

My only consolation this week was I made travel plans for July. 7-12 Chicago. 12-23 Rhode Island.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

i heard that laying on the beach on an 80F day does wonders for coughs :)!

jeanne said...

Good luck at the doctor's. Report back immediately.

21st Century Mom said...

That 'crud' sounds like something more than the common cold and the fact that anitbiotics aren't fixing it probably means it isn't a sinus infection. I'm with Jeanne - report back with the answer when you get, please. And I hope you feel better soon.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Doesn't sound good, David. Want to try something homeopathic? Atleast I think its homeopathic. Someone (a blogger) told me to try taking Lysine. Its an essential amino acid that you can only get from food. Chicken is a good source. Take the concentrated supplement only when you are ill. For some odd reason it makes symptoms go away much faster. Also make sure you are getting plenty of vitamin C (not hard in FL). Linus Pauling was totally wrong about it curing or preventing colds, but it does decrease symptoms, particularly a cough.

Hope things clear up soon.

Rae said...

That stinks. I hope you feel better soon! Vacation sounds like fun, wanna take us???

Anonymous said...

buck up little camper, i'm not going anywhere and you can come visit me ANY time you want. i'm easy.