4.24.2006

It's getting better all the time

Okay old folks... what hit song sung by who from the 60s is that a first line from? What album? (Google cheaters need not answer)

I got up at 530 to run this morning. It was about time. It was not an easy run. I just knew I had to go out and run somewhere. While running, I realized I was going to have to pace myself back to my pre-ill form so that distracted me for awhile. I figured I would go 3 today, 4 on Wednesday, 5 on Friday and anything between 6-10 that feels good on Saturday/Sunday. In fact I just got off the phone with one of my prinicipal pals - Dave - and made a date to run with him and Justin on Saturday morning at 600. I'll see if I can finagle my other two principal pals - the girls - to join us. Gosh, I think I'm forming a running club here.
So all that's going through my head while I ran this morning; at the same time that molasses was running through my legs and my lungs too, it seemed. The first two miles were slow and I felt better in the third mile but was still weak. It'll get better all the time now. By noon, my legs have that fresh feeling that you get after a hard run. It was a hard easy run. Progress.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the WORST at music trivia. I'll sit this one out. :)

David said...

Beatles, of course! Not sure if it's Lennon or McCartney singing, I'll say McCartney. Sgt. Pepper's. (No google-ing, I hate that verb.)

Me used to be a angry young man
Me hiding me head in the sand ...

Joe said...

I'm drawing a blank, as all I can come up with is the Chicago tune "Gettin' stronger every day." But that's not it...David may be right, but I can't place which Beatle's song it was.

21st Century Mom said...

You know you are old when you just can't fathom that there are people who don't hear the Beatles in their head the second they read the words.

Glad you are back on the road!

Brendan said...

My youngest brother once had a friend who one day said to me "Did you know that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?"

Noames said...

I'm with Susan--I'm not old and I knew it right off the bat (thanks, by the way, as it will now be stuck in my head for the rest of the day).

I'm sick too... Here's hoping we both get better.

a.maria said...

HA! i'm with susan AND noames. especially the part with it being stuck in my head.

great tune man. get better soon!

jeanne said...

oh try something harder next time!! beatles, sgt pepper. come on! :)

Unknown said...

haha...david, as i lay on the couch on saturday, trying to recover from the train wreck that was my body...i napped lightly to the 1970's remake of the sgt pepper's movie...the one with peter frampton, the bee-gees and alice cooper.