6.10.2005

Land of the Dead (Legs)

Hello Everybody.
It was a stress-filled week. Being in education means having to worry about grades. In this case it was state wide school grades. An urban district has it's challenges and complexities so we had plenty to worry about. Thankfully the teachers did a pretty good job this year and so did the kids. Grades were mostly up and learning gains were plentiful. The Grim Reaper of media and community outrage was quieted.
Nevertheless, anxiety was prevalent this week; it was as if I was an expectant father. Hence I skipped my mid week run and fretted around analyzing numbers and drafting releases. When the relief valve was spent and the last microphone was packed away I went for a run this morning and it was like running in concrete. Holy moley. Less than four miles effort and I was feeling like I might not make it home. I thought about solutions to a state takeover candidate high school and that distracted me long enough to bring it into the barn - but just in time.
Tomorrow the boys and I are going for a tropical trail (more like undergrowth) run with the cross country team. Only the post run pancake breakfast makes it entirely worthwhile. Let's hope we don't twist, fall and shout when a snake, panther or alligator pops out and pushes me into the pointy palms.

7 comments:

David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jank said...

Enjoy the run through the bush. But watch out for snakes - I spent 3 days in the hospital after a run in with a moccasin in a park on the west side of Houston.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Hey stress will do that. But I think I'd be more stressed running with aligators. Yikes! That's like running with dinosaurs!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Yikes Jank!.

David - You had me wanting to be there until you mentioned snakes and aligators. Ummmm have fun. :-)

Mia Goddess said...

How do you already get your scores, so fast?

And I'm with Dawn...I was all jealous. For a *second*!

Rhea said...

Hmmm ... snakes. You're a braver person than me. Which school district do you work for? Sorry if that's too personal of a question.

David said...

Orange County Public Schools; 12th largest in USA (180,000 chillen's).