6.21.2005

Due to Technical Difficulties ....

I am having a laptop problem: the fan is burning out I believe. It's whining and complaining. You'd think Mia or Jon were inside. I fear for the consequences of the rest of the laptop by running it too long without any cooling so my on-lap time is now being reduced to essentials. Posting blog stories about my runs is not essential.
I will be visiting repair stores in search of a 4-year old fan replacement part (Ha!! Good luck) or shopping for a new laptop.
I already tried the super duper vacuum sucker treatment to relieve the blade of gunk. It's not as noisy but still not blowing any air out the vent.
If you have any ideas - all your tech wizards - please post. HELP!!!!

8 comments:

brent said...

what do you mean, posting about your runs is not essential? come on, yeah it is. it helps keep me motivated! heh. i wish i knew about your fan solution. seems like the geek squad some be able to fix it?

Mia Goddess said...

HA! HAHA!

Well, I know EXACTLY how to fix your problem, but choose to complain about it in my own journal, rather than help you here.

- Mia

ps - just kidding about knowing how to help, but I'll ask the Resident Geek!

Jank said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jank said...

e-bay. I've picked up parts that have kept an old dell laptop running for going on 6 years now.

Or you could have some of the groupies following your blog shift from feeding you ppeled grapes to fanning the computer...

Anonymous said...

Don't have a clue what to do about your computer, but man, my fingers are sore from these grapes ....

Rhea said...

Yup, eBay is a good option to get some needed parts. That, or a new computer altogether. But I know you don't want to hear that. I've been thinking about buying a laptop for years, but suspect that I would be babying it much of the time. My hardworking 5-year old desktop is still going strong ....

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I had the same problem on my computer. Pulled the fan out and took it apart, greased up the axle/bushing and it works great now. Fans don't have much to them these days. Give it a try. I used silicone grease, just a tiny bit.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

No expertise on laptops here. But if ya want a cool desktop, hubby does some great work.