8.19.2008

Somebody call Fay

If you'll all call loudly enough maybe Tropical Storm Fay will hear you and come; as in leave. We hurried up to wait for her to arrive. Now she's dawdling over the Everglades. We need her to make up her mind, stop changing directions and move on out.

We cancelled school today and, in hindsight, we could have pulled it off despite the occasional shower and wind gust. We decided this afternoon to resume normal operations tomorrow based on 2 p.m. forecasts and now the weather service has extended a tornado watch until 1 AM. That presents some cause for concern about my phone ringing at 2 AM asking me to send a message to the 185,000 parents and employees in the early morning hours to tell them to stay home a little longer than planned. Grrrr.

I do love low barometric pressure.

Despite the weather I went out to do 12x400s this morning. A band of tropical storm wind and rain kicked up on lap 11 which helped me do my fastest times on the final two rounds. I do love to run in the rain.

Best line from the Olympics comes from Runner Susan who wants to know where she can find some Romanian smelling salts for Chicago.

Postscript: T.S. Fay went to sea overnight and our conditions are fine enough for the little ones to get their little selves back in the classrooms.

7 comments:

Runner Susan said...

I hate running in the rain. I bet I'd hate running in a hurricane even more. I'm a wimp, I'd cancel school and head out of town.

But seriously, where can I get those smelling salts. I'll do anything legal.

Rae said...

Fay really is an odd one, isn't it! I'd like her to hurry up and bring us some rain (we haven't had a drop this whole month) but her path isn't looking too good for us. Stay safe!

Maddy said...

I was suprised to see that your county was still planning on school tomorrow. At the same time thinking that I didn't envy you.

Nice that you got out there in the foul weather this morning.

53 Days. 53 Days!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Just watch out for flying boards and stuff while you are running out there.

Darrell said...

I commend you for getting to the speedwork again.

I wondered about those "smelling salts". Has there been any buzz in the media about those. Just what was she sniffin'?

peter said...

Track work, in a hurricane-watch environment yet, very good. Now when are you going to practice running 26 miles without water?

Mendezekvq said...

Track work, in a hurricane-watch environment yet, very good. Now when are you going to practice running 26 miles without water?