2.16.2008

Hitting the road

This will be the last post before the A1A Marathon tomorrow. I'll be back Tuesday to report. If report is delayed too long, call 9-1-1.

Forecast for race day is perfect for spring break but not so much racing. It reminds me of the conditions in Atlanta for the ING Georgia Marathon last March.

Sunday forecast for Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • 6 a.m. 69F, partly cloudy, 87% humidity, wind from the ESE at 8 mph (ocean breeze)
  • 7 a.m. 70F, 84%
  • 8 a.m. 72F, 79%
  • 9 a.m. 75F, 73%
  • 10 a.m. 78F, feeling like 81F, 66%
  • 11 a.m. 80F, feeling like 83F, 62%
And you wonder why I wish the watch had a temperature gauge on it?

I went up to Baldwin Park today with my two dogs to watch the 5-11 year olds run the "Smile Mile" races. Some 10-year old smoked the mile in 5:30. He had plenty left over too. I love to see kids racing.

Mrs. T and I are leaving shortly. First stop will be the race expo to see Michelle and her Bondi Bands and pick up the race packet. I am not in the market for Bondi Bands after getting my haircut Wednesday but it'll be good to see her. We've been in two races over the years - Marine Corps 2006 (13 miles together) and Blessing of the Fleet 10 Miler 2007.

Mrs. T and I will be staying over until Monday so I am packing the beach gear in case we feel like sitting out on late Sunday or Monday morning.

FYI most pitchers and catchers have reported to spring training (including the Red Sox today) so spring is near as is the Boston Marathon.

I promise to call all my peeps who have asked for race reports sometime Sunday. See ya!

9 comments:

Mia Goddess said...

Good luck! Drink water! :)

Rich said...

Good luck buddy.

Neese said...

I've often wondered myself why they dont' make a watch with a temp readout. the closest i've come now is looking on my iPhone. Best wishes on your marathon and those few days away!

jeanne said...

wait!!!! I want a call!!!!

Good luck. No beer for you!

Runner Susan said...

Yes. No beer for you!

Michelle said...

David it was great to see you and mrs t yesterday. im sure you did great today and can't wait for the report! oh and you forgot our other memorable run together in new haven'06

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your race report. I hope you had a great run!

scmorgan said...

Hope the race went well...and that you and D. had a great time soaking up the sun on the beach.

peter said...

Two of the dreaded three Hs, hot and humid (plus perhaps there were bridges). Not a good day for racing. Hope all is well with you nonetheless.