Jon (from) Michigan commented on Susie's blog recently about bloggers falling like flies or something like that. It got me thinking. Where have all my old blogging buddies gone? Why did they tail off and leave? Will they make it to Jon's Dead Blogger postings?
- There was Sweet Sarah who really did Run Away From It All, from CT to Seattle, and dropped out in April of 2006.
- Beverly who took One Step at a Time stopped stepping in October.
- The Running Red Sox Fan went down in October too and never came back after the Hartford Marathon.
- April Anne is still around but not writing.
- Naomi went to Africa and posts when the electricity is working.
- Oldman moved to Philly, went back to Florida and I haven't read him since.
- Running Rabbit stopped hopping.
- Thank goodness Lara came back from a hiatus.
- Dianna and jeff have become lighter writers.
- And then Susie Finally Stopped Writing. That was the hardest to take. She brought me into this world and now she has left for awhile. Very sad.
I appreciate my current crop of friends and neighbors that populate Bloglines with their latest accounts. It's nice to make new friends, to hear encouraging words, coaching and crazy stories. But when you've been here for three years or so and your baptismal pals die off, it starts to make you wonder.
Thank you Jon, my longest running runner blogger; and to my long standing favorites: Runner Susan, Jeanne, Bex, Mia and Michelle. Everyone else who writes, reads and comments - thank you too. Please stay and make yourself comfortable.
I ran 10 miles last Sunday with the fast crowd. I promoted myself to push myself to be faster and fitter. I ran faster than ever before and know I could have gone even faster.
There's a 5K this Saturday. I hope to smoke it but it may require the fires in Georgia and Florida to blow their smoke the other way for a few hours. Where's a good hurricane when you need one?