7.24.2005

Plan B was Fine

I'm fine. Really. I'm okay. Plan A was aborted and Plan B worked out to be rewarding in its own rite.
Plan A was to run the river. The same river I ran in Water Runner back in April except this time I was going to run the river and not the back lot. I had my camera, water, Gu and was ready for eight miles. I pulled up to the gate at 645 rarin' to go and it was locked. Open 8am-8pm. WTF?!?! When did that happen? Stupid.
Plenty of time to high tail it back to Winter Park for the remnant's of Orlando Runners Club Sunday 700 run. I pulled in just in time to chat briefly with people I'd seen before but had never met. I swear, ever since my RBF run at Bluff Point I am more inclined to just walk up to somebody and say hello. Four of us started off on the scenic run along the brick streets, canopy oaks and high end real estate homes. We just chatted away running and running. They were a little slower than I like but it was a good way to conserve strength in case they were going really long. (I hadn't asked. I just ran.)
We stopped at a few cold water drinking fountains and Gatorade coolers and at one juncture Tim turned back to the avenue and we were three. When the subject of distance came up, it was to be 10 or 11 miles. I said let's go. Oh yeah. It has not been since early June that I'd run that far but it didn't seem like a strain.
After awhile Jack (71 years old) said to go on without him. He didn't want to slow us down; so Chris and I tinkered with our paces and moved out. It felt great. My left shoe was a little too tight but I ran through it. We did 10 miles and, after cooling down, I was ready for some pancakes and bacon with coffee back at the house. Mmm. Dave's Weekapaug blend. Not a bad start to a Sunday. I hope yours was fun.

4 comments:

Running Chick said...

Sounds like Plan B worked out even better than Plan A would have!

And pancakes and bacon?! Heavenly. I had Ramen Noodles after my long run...not nearly as satisfying as your breakfast!

Sarah said...

A *perfect* Sunday morning :-) Glad an unexpected change of plans didn't ruin your mood!

Mia Goddess said...

Fun! I've been craving pancakes with bananas and blueberries and maple syrup and you know what? I made some this weekend. Now, if I just had a cup of your joe to go with them....

:) said...

Nice run...mmmm, pancakes!