7.23.2005

Hot As Blazes

The weather.com folks say it's 87 outside and FEELS LIKE 99! That pretty much describes it. I just came in from a sunny 4 mile easy run that ran my HR up to 148. I felt okay and appreciated the occasional breeze, however, it felt like 99! Arghh. How I wish I was in Rhode Island again this weekend where it's a pleasant 79 and sunny - perfect for the beach. Down here I can't even get to my beach of choice because the access roads are closed while the space shuttle sits on the pad within three days of launch. I hope it goes up Tuesday so I can go over there next weekend.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds nasty...take care in that heat! I wish I was at the beach (any beach!), too :-)

Running Chick said...

You not being able to go to the beach today because of something that isn't going to happen for THREE days makes almost as much sense as me having to drop off my bike on Friday for work that won't be done until Wednesday. Sigh.

Jank said...

Wow - homeland security blows.

That's a great stretch of beach, though. Good ship ANNAPOLIS pulled in to Port Canveral more than once (The government to government tour of NASA rocks), and one of the locals pointed us there...

Too bad about the heat...