5.15.2005

Found my Hot Weather Run Zone

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Went downtown to see who was running at 0700, the usual start time for area running club folks.
A big crowd was exhibiting its parallel parking skills on Park Avenue.
Lots of fit runners were stretching and chatting.
A group of five fasty men took off and I thought I would pace along.
That lasted about 2 miles so I settled into my own pace and took in the sights.
8.1 miles - not quite the 15K I promised Pam - put me back on the avenue in 1:13.33.
Pace was just over 9/min mile. Heat, humidity and sun are beginning to rise ever so slightly.
I felt great and just might go back out again tonight. We'll see.
I hope your run was fun today.

At 4pm I broke down and had a hot fudge double sundae with chocolate chip ice cream and drumstick ice cream. Mmmmmmm. Heavenly.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Nice job on the run! I never seem to have a problem running in the cold (amazing that I whine about it so much!), but the heat always gets to me for some reason - probably don't drink enough.

That sundae sounds way too good!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a good run, and a well-deserved dessert... Hope to be out there myself sometime later this summer...