1.29.2005

Late start and Reader Survey

Today I debated whether to run long (on the taper) or short and then long tomorrow. I opted to run long today. I usually run every other day and my plan is to run again Monday, then Wednesday, then not at all until Saturday's race.
The weather was right nice out - about 60 and mostly cloudy. Took the Lake Virginia round the lake route and felt tired and slow. Surprisingly it wasn't until the sixth mile that I began to feel a rythmn worth keeping. My time was okay and my heart rate was lower than the last time I went around. That means I still have capacity for better time and endurance.
After the run I finally got the ever-loving oil changed in the car and had a fantasic hamburger at the Coyote Grill. The rest of the day was all about replacing the dead pool pump motor. I only disassembled and assempled the thing three times before I got it right.
So - question for the readers: When your t-shirt drawer gets too full from all those race collectables what is your criteria for the keepers and the ones to go to the Salvation Army/trash?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't seem to part with too many as of yet, although I do have quite a collection. Another group I belong to trades them. I've debated making a quilt but too busy running for now....Dawn

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I haven't had enough races yet for the race shirts to be a problem. Although, I do seem to have accumulated alot of T-shirts from other places. Still haven't figured out what to do with them all.

Rachel said...

I still don't have enough running shirts either... ahh, beloved running shirts, especially when they have names of faraway places on them. I like Dawn's idea of swapping running shirts from cool places...