10.13.2007

Dramatic change in training

The knee feels better and the ITB seems less troubled. That's what six days of going easy will do for you. After last week's 15-miler I have one final 20-miler to do tomorrow morning before the taper. It would be a beautiful morning to run in Florida given the recent downshift in temperatures ...

... however ... life happens.

My brother and sister have gone to Rhode Island to be with my mother who is of very sound mind but failing body. Dad needs some help and encouraged us to come if we could. So I am back in the Ocean State where I can see the blue water from where I sit across the dunes in the sun room while Mom rests upstairs.

I mapped out a 20-miler for tomorrow morning. It'll be memorable. It'll be in high 40s/low 50s temps too. That should be a good little taste of what New York might be like. There are plenty of hills just up off the shore to torture me for the 3.5-4.0 hours tomorrow.

5 comments:

Rich said...

Good luck with the family, David.

Maddy said...

David, I'm glad that you can be there with your mom.

Have a good 20 miler tomorrow.

Rae said...

Best wishes for your family.

peter said...

Nice running weather. It's nice that you're with your family.

After your hot GA marathon, you should love NYCM. I heard some comparisons to Chicago last weekend with that Georgia Marathon.

Joe said...

my best to your family, David...good you are there.