4.16.2006

Trying to recover

I never get sick so I forget how to be good and do what I should.
Everything has been there for me to get over whatever I have. Warm sunny days. Three days off. No appointments, dates or calamities to address. So what did I do? Friday I pitchforked about four yards of mulch into a wheelbarrow and covered the beds. I did another three yards worth on Saturday. Then the truck came with a yard of stones for another area. I backwashed the pool.
I did not take it easy enough Friday and Saturday but when I woke up this morning I felt good. Until I got up with the intention to go running. I hacked and other unattractive things until my lungs settled down, then went to Park Avenue to see who was running. I got there just before 700 to see Marty taking off up the street. Jack, Tim nor Chris were to be found. I drove around the block and was heading home when I caught a glimpse of Tim getting out of his car so we went out for a slow run of six miles. I was okay for about three miles before I realized I was very tired. I ended up walking for a spell too. It took us 55 minutes (10 minute pace) including the walking so I met my pace of the past two weeks but I am one pooped runner.
When I came home I showered and fixed breakfast for everyone. Then I got back into bed. I had promised Mrs. T we'd go to the beach but it was too late, soe we went for a slow relaxing bike ride. It was fun. It had also been about a year or more since we'd gone for a ride; ever since son C backed up over the air pump in the car. I bought a new one a few weeks ago so now there is a cross training option in the garage.
The last thing I did before blogging was take a nap. I guess I should lay low this week. Fat chance.

GO JEFF GO ... i mean go jeff go.

6 comments:

Rae said...

Feel better soon!!

Oldman said...

get better soon!

jeanne said...

get better soon...by the way, you and Mrs. T look just like models on those bikes!! Even sick!
:)

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Feel better soon....

Anonymous said...

Get better already! Spring is a yucky time to be sick (to use technical, health-care terms, of course).

Unknown said...

i love what running does for a head cold. copious snot rockets and amazing lung cookies that do bizarre dances as they fly end over end through the air.

hope you're feeling better soon!

and thanks for the lower case shout!