11.24.2005

Happy Thanksgiving!


I am thankful for ...
Susie, my life long friend, who introduced me to the RBF last December and who has been my partner in so many memorable adventures;
Rachel, the first RBF member I ever met in person, for being willing to chat with me at a race (always a little awkward);
Bill, for giving me one of his techno terms that pops into my head every time I run on a "false flat" and who introduced me to Bluff Point;
Dianna, for being such a great organizer of the New Haven 20K RBF Extravaganza and giving me more than a few race time goals to strive for;
Lara, for being a quiet but well written inspiration who made New Haven a fun time;
Sarah, for making me smirk and smile at Bluff Point and New Haven, for delicious cookies and for giving me reason to care all fall while she struggled to find her happy place;
Jon, for being the best blogger ever, running the most active complaint department (his own) , for truffles and much more;
Mia, for being funny and entertaining even if she proclaims to be a shy person (hah!);
Susan, for designing my own personal blog header and having a sense of humor we enjoy every day;
and to whoever they were (I can't remember) who introduced me to Sue and Paul's pedometer and the Dead Runner Society's running log spreadsheet.

11 comments:

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Happy Turkey Day!

brent said...

and the same to you sir!

Mia Goddess said...

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving! And it looks like it was...

Rhea said...

Mmm ... warm and sunny! I'm in temperate climes as well - in NoCal for Thanksgiving. And to think I almost braved it through sub-30 degree weather in D.C. for the holidays! I'm loving these 55 degree days. Almost seems like spring.

Jack said...

You look totally chilled out. But how can you survive Thanksgiving with all that sunshine and no wind and drifting snow? ;-)

a.maria said...

aww, thats so cute.

happy turkey day!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Very clever posting a summer picture for Thanksgiving. Making us all think that its warm and sunny when we all know darn well that the entire world is frozen over solid with ice.

At least it looks that way from up here. :)

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, David.

Sarah said...

A very happy Thanksgiving to you! And dang...I wish I was able to wear shorts again...it's freakin' cold here today!

Running Chick said...

well...i did just buy myself a shirt that says 'i will be the rabbit'...so i guess i have to live up to that now?!

thanks for making me smile, david. well-timed, as always.

Jank said...

Days late and dollars short, but hope your holiday was happy, and that your false flats are all downhill ;)

Unknown said...

isn't the rbf a great source of things to be thankful for?