10.04.2005

This is Training?

Something has come over me since Sunday. [Remember this is Taper Week.]
I went shopping for beer because I was thirsty and the NFL was on TV. I was hungry too. I wanted something with chocolate in it.
Never mind the beer right now. All I want is chocolate. Chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate chip home made cookies, Pepperidge Farm Orange Milanos, Dark Chocolate Kit Kat bars, Hershey kisses and a few candy corns thrown in for seasonal flavoring. I would not make weight if my race on Sunday was a fight. I am just snarfing it down and it all feels good. I must have really needed it. Some sort of nutritional balance. Or maybe it's sympathy consumption for poor Susan up there stretching the cracks out of her ITB. I need Dr. Jon to give me a consult on this. He would know why this is happening, wouldn't he?

I ran some repeats this morning. Only 2 miles worth and they flew by. Later in the day I remembered what it is that usually hurts me: doing something physically that I do not normally do - like chainsaw an oak tree after a hurricane or pressure clean the house for five hours. You know - stupid stuff. I promise to avoid all unnecessary and untrained for physical activities. That'll get me in the dog house but running is more important. Remember my dependency?

10 comments:

Oldman said...

you could always hire some one to do the untrained stuff like power washing the house.

btw beer and chocolate are training foods.

Jank said...

I've had the munchies pretty fierce the last two days, too. I'd be worried, but my weight was finally down this morning (think I was retaining water in the stressed muscles since Saturday).

But yeah, if we're eating for Susan, I can take that bullet for her!

Sarah said...

I hope you're eating the chocolate and drinking the beer together...especially if it's dark beer...yuuummm :-)

All the best for the race...we'll miss you in Hartford!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I have no idea where the chocolate cravings are coming from but I have it too in a really bad way. I've had to swear myself off it until the marathon because its getting really bad. 800 extra calories a day! Easily.

And good job on avoiding that house/yard work. I've been trying that but the wife isn't buying it. Still had to dig up the septic tank Monday. "But, honey, I'll hurt my shins!"

April Anne said...

Hi David. I saw your comment on Dianna’s blog, “running in the rain makes you faster.” Is that really true or just positive thinking? Maybe I shouldn’t be hoping for bright, sun-shinny day after all! :) Good Luck with your race. I’m looking forward to all the race reports this weekend.

Jack said...

Good luck with your race on Sunday!

Beanie said...

Odd, my cravings have been so bad just recently, that I even dreamt about chocolate all night last night. I just put that down to 'female' issues, though ;) Good luck this weekend!

Tracy said...

Oh, I'm so stealing the sympathy chocolate thing.

brent said...

have a good race this weekend david!

Rachel said...

Good luck with the race on Sunday!