3.03.2005

Postcard from Guiltless Land

Let me just say that if you really want to enjoy life for a week tell yourself to take it off. Don't run. Don't work out. Eat what you want (in moderation). Don't cross train. Don't worry. Be happy.
It used to be that I'd wake up in the morning and have that dreaded feeling that it might be a running morning - not that all mornings were that way - but I haven't had to even think about it. It's so peaceful. I still eat like a good boy but allow for anything. For instance, this morning the breakfast options were very thin around the house so I opted for the 7-11 fresh mountain roast coffee with hazelnut cream and ... and .... and a doughnut. My gawd, it's been a long time since I had one of those! It was divine.
So if you're feeling over worked and can justify a break, then write yourself a prescription to take a week off and let the body mend and mind bend. It's very invigorating. I might want to go for a realllllly long run on Sunday just for grins.

3 comments:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Excellent! I'm getting a doughnut on the way home. :)

heh, heh. Yes, a vacation from the workouts can be a real uplift.

Rachel said...

Doughnuts sound like a good idea-- I was inspired to buy a box of Sara Lee chocolate-covered cheesecakes and eat them all the way home from Publix... I think I am going to take a true break when I go to DC over Spring Break, with no running at all-- should be good for my developing aches and pains...

David said...

Oh I'd love to go to DC. Have some fun! Say hi to all our elected officials for me.